Industry Institute Linkages:
I) Name of the Industry Partner/MOU
Central Tool Room & Training Centre, Bhubaneswar has a Placement Cell which is dedicatedly working for placement of the candidates passing out from the Centre. The Cell consists of a Chairman, two course coordinators (Mechanical and non-Mechanical), Production-head and a Placement coordinator.
During the financial year 2012-13 more than 21000 candidates have completed different long term and short term courses. The courses having duration of less than 6 months are called as short term courses and above that long term in nature. The Placement Cell has been assigned the job of placing the candidates who are continuing only long term courses.
To fulfill the above task Placement Cell is directed to follow certain guidelines which are explained herewith:
- • Placement Cell will work for the candidates who are really interested for job.
- • By submitting a prescribed format the trainees put forth their option that they are interested for the placement.
- • After completion of 50% of the course duration the candidates will be eligible to attend any campus interview.
- • After getting the vacancy status Placement Cell will give clear picture about the company to the aspirants which will follow communication regarding the candidates to the company.
- • The above will follow the Selection process according to the direction of the recruiter.
- • CTTC Placement tries to provide one job to each candidate
The above process is being followed by Placement Cell for last more than one decade. During the decade CTTC Placement cell has been able to attract Automobiles OEMs viz. Maruti Suzuki India Ltd., Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., Ashok Leyland Ltd., Hero Group of companies, Design Centres viz. Emerson Designing Centre, L&T Ltd., Hari Machines Ltd., etc. and number of companies in different fields.
As of now the Placement record is really exemplary. During last year the record is 93.5%.
Nevertheless CTTC, Bhubaneswar is also conducting need based training programmes for the employee of L & T, Indian Post Office, Tata Growth Shop (TGS) etc. for the development of the skilled manpower in different disciplines.
- II) Major Activities/Contributions
- III) Industry visit/Industrial tour
- IV) Guest Faculty
- V) Workshop & Seminars